Monday, July 11, 2022

 Monday morning again. And it has been another week since I put anything in a blog. I guess my life is just getting more dull every day. 

The good news is that Lisa thinks just maybe she will get to go home from the hospital today. I think she is being a little bit optimistic but I pray she is right. I know she is so mentally ready to be out of the hospital and in her own home. Her recovery still has months to go but doing that at home changes ones attitude and a changed attitude can increase healing. 

We had a wonderful weekend weather wise. Last week we had several days of very much needed, God-given rain. It came in many days of off and on showers and was a perfect soaker. You can hear the corn growing and sprouting tassels and ears now. Okay, maybe that’s a stretch of the imagination, but I think the earth is pleased. 

We went out to the farm stands again on Friday, I think it was. Actually we started at the peach orchard just up the highway,  then up into rural Gibson County to the far stand and picked up sweet-corn and cantaloupes and green beans; — then down to New Harmony for lunch and back home. It was a great “day-trip” and a nice drive. 

Ms. Kate has had a sore throat off an on for the past few days. She didn’t go to church yesterday. She give herself a COVID test and it came out negative which is wonderful. So, it is a “summer-cold” and those can be miserable. Julie has bronchitis again and has been suffering with that. So I have a bunch of sick ladies to worry about. But they are all three doing better today so I have just one more, or maybe three more blessings to give God thanks for today. 

We had a well attended worship service yesterday and then the St. Paul’s summer congregational meeting after that. There were no big “shake-em-ups” at the meeting, just the routine kind of stuff that these meetings always entail. My days of congregational meetings as an active participant are beginning to draw to a close. With my retirement date announced, I only have five more including the St. Lucas summer meeting this coming Sunday. St.Paul’s selected their three members to be on the Pastoral Search committee and this Sunday, I suspect St. Lucas will do the same. I am required to stay out of the process and will do so to the best of my ability. It’s hard to do though when you want the best for your parish. 

That’s it for today. I need to go to the optometry shop. I have a lens that keeps falling out of my glasses. I’ve had it fixed several times so I don’t know that I might not have to get new frames. Yuk. 

Have a blessed week. 










No comments:

Post a Comment