Wednesday, July 20, 2022

 Well, God actually did it!! God allowed me a full 78 year of life here on earth. I think that is pretty amazing. I know so many people who never got that chance. But then, I have many friends that have lived longer. But, I have gotten to the age where you begin to think about things like death and “not being here anymore”. Death, being dead, doesn’t scare me or bother me one bit. I have full faith in our spiritual resurrection through Jesus Christ. My only reservations about death are the manner in which it will happen. I’m like everyone, I don’t want to linger or suffer: —- just go to sleep and not wake up. But, I;m not going to worry about the when. 

Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year to date. I had planned to go to the churches today but I’ll wait until tomorrow, I did my parishioner visitations yesterday. Visits went fine. Lots of driving because the facilities are quite a few miles apart. I’m sure glad we bought the Prius that gets 54 miles to the gallon. 

The Backyard Buffet has been really busy the past few days. I have a couple of Hummingbirds that constantly dance and challenge one another to get to the feeder. That’s quite entertaining. I filled all of the feeders three days ago and they are mostly empty today. This evening I’ll probably go out and fill them after the sun goes down.  The Blue Jay is sittin on a limb right outside the window and is fussing at me because his feeder is empty. He can just get his tail-feathers down on the ground and clean up some of the dropped stuff down there. There is never a lack of food for them around here. But sometimes they have to remember they are wild birds and not kept pets. 

I guess now I will celebrate my birthday bu taking a morning nap and or finish my coffee and read my Stephen King novel. . Have yourself a wonderful day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment