Wednesday, July 13, 2022

 Our baby girl, (yes, she’s 50) got home from the hospital yesterday. We are all so relieved. Granted, she has months of recovery to go yet but at least she is home, She is off of machines, she’s in her own bed and can get up and walk around her house when she feels like it and her dog will be sitting right beside her the entire time. Actually, keeping the dog off of her will be the initial problem because the dog is huge and does like to cuddle up on “mama”. I remember when Ms. Kate was home and recovering from her heart surgery and from her knee replacement, our dog, Lexie, never left Ms. Kate’s side the entire time for either of the recovery periods. I would take her out to do her business and it was right back top beside ”Mom”. 

Lisa has Home Health coming first thing this morning. They will do wound maintenance and other stuff that she requires. I’m sure there are several things that they will have to help her do for a while, but eventually she’ll be released from Home Health and have to do it all on her own. And she has Gary there to help when he’s not at the shop working. It’s just a blessing to have her home. It’s so scary to think that this thing could have killed her if that colon or intestine had burst and flooded her body with all of the abscess that had built up. Again, we just continue to give all the praise to God. 

I got a lot of outside work done yesterday; yard mowed, lots of sticks and twigs picked up. Cleaned out most of a long flowerbed and fence area. I bought a few new yard tools last fall made by “Worx” and they are really good tools. I bought a new leaf blower and weed eater and they really have a lot of power. They are lightweight and cut through most anything. That flowerbed I worked on yesterday had some really tall stuff in it and a lot of vines and ivy. The trimmer walked right through all of it. Sop, if you are looking for new garden stuff, check out the Worx product. I got mine on Amazon but I think Lowes carrries them too. 

There was nothing worth anything on TV last night so I put together my service for the 24th of July. Of course I still have to write the sermon, but it was a great start. Today, we are going to the church to run the bulletins. We were going to do that yesterday but decided to wait. 

That’s it my friends. My day is officially started  and I have work to do, beginning with having a piece of peach pie that Ms. Kate made yesterday. Have a blessed day. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment