Tuesday, July 30, 2024

 Tuesday, July 30th. Two more days and we will be into the 8th month of 2024. And I will have been “retired for seven whole month. I don’t feel like I think I’m supposed to feel when being retired and that’s probably because our first seven month have been on medical crisis after another and constant doctor’s appointment. My roll has significantly changed and I’m a full time “house-husband”. I don’t mind though. I’m just glad that Ms. Kate is doing so much better. She is getting her strength back and has begun jumping back into the things that she used to do. She has started going places again on a limited basis. Buying her the rollator was a smart move. Yesterday she had a dental appointment and she used it to get into the facility and it worked well. She uses it to go into church and sometimes when we go into a restaurant.

Today has been busy morning so far. We needed to change the sheets on the bed so I did that first thing this morning when I got up. I got them washed, dried and put back on the bed. Then we had a piece of peach pie for breakfast. I made one yesterday and it was delicious.  So, I made two more today. I’ll give one of them away to Dan and Minh across the street, assuming Minh will let him have it. She watches his diet like a hawk. She is thin as a rail and a Vietnamese lady. She makes delicious Vietnamese food but I think that is all she fixes for him. LOL, she has no idea how much he probably cheats when she isn’t with him. But —- I will take a pie over there and he can have that battle with her. Yeh, I’m starting trouble in the neighborhood. 

We are having storms today. The heat and the humidity are off the chart so it no wonder that thunderstorms are rolling through. I think we are supposed to have this for another couple of days on and off. 

Have you been watching the Olympics”. I don’t Kate has missed any of them. USA has som dynamic athletes and a couple of them are from this area. Lilly King, the swimmer id from the west side of Evansville and even went to Reitz High School, which the alma mater for Kate and I. Jackie Young, the basketball player is from Princeton and is a friend of many of my parishioners from the parish. 

My pies are done and it is time to get them out of the oven. Have a blessed day. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment