Wednesday, July 24, 2024

 Happy Wednesday! It”s a bright Sumer morning. The temperature is 75 degrees but the “real feel” is 83. That’s quite a difference, which tells me it is already humid out there. 

We had a really good visit with Ms. Kate’s Cardiologist Nurse Practitioner yesterday. Despite the fact that she was almost 45 minutes late getting to us, it was a good visit and she is forgiven. She went over Kate’s records and is the first person to actually lay out a step by step plan of treatment for Kate. I think one of the best things that she said to Kate was; your heart is a mess but it is not a death sentence, you’re not dying. She then went into a long discussion of what we need to do and what their plan is for her. And —- it’s al “doable”. We still have a number of doctor’s appointments to attend to. One of the things she mentioned was Kate’s upcoming appointment with er cardiologist. She told Kate to be sure and not miss that because his next available appointment is in June of 2025!! Can you imagine that??? I’m glad that we have an excellent doctor and I’m also glad that Kate has a lot of confidence in him. But the NP said that she will be Kate’s primary heart contact when the doctor can’t get to her, an gave her her 24 hour number.

Wednesday’s job is going to be fill the bird feeders again. I guess it is “that time of the year again”, the years is full of blackbirds and starlings. I went by several yards yesterday and the were flocks of blackbirds in the yards. I think the grass is starting to “seed” and harvest in the fields is a ways off yet. Between the blackbirds and the squirrels, the sunflower feeders are almost empty as are several of the others. 

I also need to get out in the garden and do some weed removal. I don’t know why but my tomatoes are looking terrible. I don’t know if I over-watered them or under-watered them. But they look like they are about done for the season and it is way too early for that. Karen brought us some of the tomatoes from plants that I gave her and they are wonderful. So, obviously I have messed something up. 

That’s about it for today unless you want to go to Walmart with me. I have a list of things I need to get. Yuk!!

Have a wonderful day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment