Saturday, December 9, 2023

 Happy Saturday morning. I’m sitting here at the kitchen table listening/watching to Christmas video music on You Tube. The scenery on the video is beautiful especially because all of that snow is somewhere else. 

It has been a relatively lazy morning around here. I was up at 0700 for no particular reason other than I was ready to get up. Ms. Kate was asleep in the recliner in the family room. She has had to sleep there because of indigestion and coughing. The doctors took her off of some of the medications that control all of that. Sleeping flat on her back doesn’t work and her drain won’t let her sleep on her right side. So, the “good” recliner works well for her. I call it the good recliner because it is a bit bigger than our other recliners. I think we have six recliners in this house and all of them are LazyBoy recliners. But this one is aa leather one and I have one just like it down stairs. They are super comfortable.

We got her medical routine done first thing this morning so that is done until bed time. Then I got the laundry going. It’s only a couple of small loads but I wanted it done before the weekend was out just to keep up with it. Monday we have doctor’s appointment in both the morning and afternoon. This way I don’t have to wait and do it after those. 

Julie is coming over today with the pups. She will stay here and be with Kate while I’m at church for two services and then a council meeting. She has to be back home for a 1600 appointment tomorrow but that will work out fine. 

It was 61 degrees when I got up this morning. It had rained some and a cold front has now gone through. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be only 40 degrees. That’s quite a change. I think it is also how so many people get winter colds. 

Well, the beautiful soft music is about to put me to sleep. So, it may in fact be time to check the inside of the eyelids. Have a wonderful day. Remember what this Christmas season is really about. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment