Friday, December 8, 2023

 Friday morning, December 8th. It’s 48 degrees already this morning which is pretty decent. I haven’t been out much but I did make a quick run to Dollar General first thing this morning. We have a new one about a mile from the house that just opened maybe a month ago. I only went as far as the first aisle so I don’t know if they rest of the aisles are filled with the customary boxes that make it hard to get trough the store or not. However, it did appear that there was only on employee and she was stocking shelves. I was aggravated though that there are only three places to check out and two of them are “self-checkout” and take no cash, and are “card only”. So I rang the little bell and the lady put down her boxes and came and checked me out. This national effort to go to a “cashless society” drives me nuts. I don’t want to have to use a credit card or debit card for every purchase I make. I don’t know why the merchants would like it either because it costs them more when customers use credit. 

Yesterday we had to get hold of the hospital liaison person to make contact with the doctors office and give us a prescription for more of the “flushing syringes” that I’m having to use on Kate’s J-tube. We only had a couple of days worth left, not enough to get to her appointment day with the surgeon. The process went through smoothly though. The syringes are filled with .09% sodium chloride and I have to use two a day. I had first gone to our local medical supply store and they didn’t have them. They told me that they were by prescription only. But it all worked out and they prescribed two weeks worth. 

Yesterday afternoon was a nice afternoon so I got the John Deere out and mulched the leaves in my front yard. My neighbor had a huge Bradford Pear tree and most of the leaves blow over to my yard; (thanks for the gift) so I get to clean them up. It’s not a big deal since all I do is mulch them. Then I brought “Bambi”, my smaller JD in and have parked it in the garage for the winter and parked “Big John” behind it. Thankfully there is room and I think there will still be room even if I put the blade on Big John. 

That’s it for today. Have a blessed weekend. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment