Monday, December 4, 2023

 Good morning and welcome to the first full week of December. I hope you had a great weekend. 

Last week was a looooong week. I wrote to you on Wednesday that we were in Deaconess Gateway Hospital for Kate. Well that stay lasted until approximately 5:00 pm on Saturday. It was hours and days of waiting and sitting, waiting and sitting. The biggest problem is that Kate is on Coumadin blood thinner and they needed her “levels” to get to almost zero. So they gave her stuff to bring them down but that all takes time. Finally, the levels got to where they needed to be and they were able to take her and put in what they call a “J-tube” which is designed to drain the abscess out of the lesion. I’m glad to say it is doing it’s job. We have her home, and I am being her “nurse” and I’m emptying the drain tube and flushing it for her twice a day. She is feeling so much better now. 

We have her lined up to see her surgeon on Monday. Hopefully by then her abscess will be clear and they can schedule her surgery. 

I had a good Sunday, we had good attendance at both services and then St. Paul’s threw a nice luncheon for me for my retirement. I really appreciated that. This coming Sunday we will have the children’s Christmas program at St. Lucas and then the following Sunday the kids at St. Paul’s will present their program. And the choir is going to sing both of those Sundays. Lots of good stuff happening. 

On that positive note — I’m done. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment