Saturday, June 29, 2019

We’ve had a busy day on this hot Saturday. This morning I had an appointment to take our Cadillac to the dealer because our “check engine” light had come on. With today’s engines you never know if that is something serious or just a loose gas cap. (Yes, that can cause the light to come on.) Well of course it couldn’t be something cheap. It was a stuck Evap Purge Valve. Got ay idea hat that is, cause I sure don’t. I think the best way for me to describe it; it is a $77.00 piece of equipment that costs another hundred to to remove and replace. Now do you know? Me either, —- but the light went out. The diagnostics also said that I needed to flush my brake fluid, another $100.00. My grandson says that that was just a dealer “service up-charge” that seldom if ever needs to be done. What do I know? Any way, two hours and $300.00 later, the Cadillac was back on the road. Also according to the “diagnosis” I need to start thinking about new tires and an alignment. Well, I just bought tires a year ago but not through the dealer so they don’t have a record of it. And, when we go to Lisa and Gary’s House in September, if it needs an alignment, I’ll have either Gary or Matthew do it for me.

From there we went to Panera Bread Co. and had lunch.  I had a bowl of clam chowder and a grilled cheese sandwich and Ms Kate had  caprisea sandwich and clam chowder. That took us up to time to go have my infusion. I now am down to only eighteen left to have done. That is an exciting thought. I can hardly wait to be done with all of this stuff. We are at four and a half months since the accident. I don’t know who this haas been harder on, me or Ms. Kate. Yes, I’m the one with the injury but she is the one who has had to step up and do everything including pushing me around all over the hospital everyday for weeks. Bless her heart though, she has not complained even once and has just taken it in stride. I did in fact marry angel.

I’m preaching the sermon tomorrow and it is going to be a sermon on achieving freedom through a relationship with Jesus Christ. Independence Day is next week and this will be my “4th of July” sermon. Bless Pastor Art’s heart, he has plugged the sermon of Facebook very well. I know the congregation might be smaller tomorrow though because some people are on vacation. It is the nature of the beast. But, we take what we get and we are blessed to have a dedicated congregation. The weather is going to be hot, hot, hot tomorrow so I’m glad we will be indoors.

That’s it for today. Don’t forget to attend your house of worship tomorrow. You live in a land that has the freedom to worship without worry of persecution. Never forget that; always be grateful to God for that privilege and thank a serviceman or woman and a veteran for making it possible. God bless America!


No comments:

Post a Comment