Wednesday, April 10, 2024

 Wednesday, April 10th. Good morning and happy Wednesday to you. This has been an eventful week and we have had enough excitement to last us for awhile. 

We all know about the severe weather that hit us a week ago. Since then, I had a fantastic crew in here and they cleaned up all of the mess and got the tree off of my house. The young man that owns the business was a connection through church. I didn’t know him but I had met him several years ago when I buried his mother, and then again a few years later when I helped perform the wedding for his father’s second marriage. His uncle texted me and said if I was looking for for someone to clean up the mess, I may want to talk to his nephew. I trust his uncle’s judgement and word and gave the young man the job; he in no way disappointed me. In fact, my next door neighbor saw the job that he did and is hiring him to take care of all of their storm damage. 

My USAA adjuster came out Monday and did what he needed to do and my roofing contractor has been here too. He is going to have to replace the entire roof on the back side of the house as well as the gutters, and downspouts and a couple of soffits. The roof is tarped so we are safe from leaks which is good because it is raining and is supposed to continue on and off through tomorrow. (Yea!!!)

My tomato plants are in the ground and doing well. I’m going to give a couple to Kari, the lady that cleans our house, and I have five for my sister-in-law Karen. I need to plant my squash seeds now too. 

Tomorrow morning at 0600 we are taking Ms. Kate to Deaconess Midtown for what we hope and pray will be her final surgery. Dr. Roberts is supposed to “put her back together” tomorrow. We expect she will be in the hospital until maybe Sunday. Please lift up a prayer for her. This has been such a long thing to deal with and she has been a first rate trooper through it all. We are still treating the open wound from the first surgery but it has almost totally closed. But I have to change the dressing at least twice a day and she is really, really sore from the constant removal of the tape on the bandage. 

That’s my news for the week. I thank all of you who have been lifting us up in prayer. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment