Wednesday, April 3, 2024

 April 3rd. It certainly was a calmer morning around here. The sun is trying to shine but the clouds and “April showers” are prevailing in that battle. I went out to take some more damage pictures and pick up some debris. It started raining on me and by the time I walked back in the house, it stopped. That has been the case all morning. 

I made contact with my USAA insurance folks and got the paperwork rolling for my claim for storm damage. Then I hired a contractor to clean it all up. He came right out and got started. It helps that I go to church with his family, I even did his mother’s funeral several years ago. He and his helper got busy and got all of the stuff off of the roof and put a tarp over the area that had a few small holes in the shingles. My insurance adjuster is coming out Monday morning and will be meeting with me and my contractor. I told my contractor to just worry about the stuff on the roof until the adjustor sees it. I want the adjustor to see the full impact of the damage. 

Kate has her Home Health nurse coming today and she just arrived so I’m jumping off. Y’alll stay safe during this crazy weather. 

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment