Tuesday, August 2, 2022

 I’m very glad that we got our running around done yesterday and I got my hospital visitation done yesterday. Last evening it started to rain and thunderstorm with severe storms and wind. The severe part is over  for now but it is still thundering and we have a light rain going. There is massive storm damage all over the city and the area with trees down and flooding in some areas. I don’t know that I have ever witnessed a thunderstorm of this duration. Our power went out once but it didn’t last long. Besides, we have a “whole house generator” that kick on in less than thirty seconds when the power goes out. Yes, we’ve been through several Typhoons and a hurricane or two but those are designed for long duration and all of that\; but a thunderstorm here generally might last a couple of hours. This one has been going 12 hours so far and isn’t over yet. My back yard is a mess with limbs down and I’m quite fortunate. There are places where large trees came down. 

The worst part is that this storm is going to continue, and has continued down through eastern Kentucky where last weekend they were hit with a huge storm and flooding that has wiped away a large portion of the town and so far I think 25 people have been found dead. So, I’m not complaining one little bit. In fact I am giving God thanks that it hasn’t been worse this time. I can deal with my damage and Jim is going to come over and help Saturday with my clean-up. I would love not have asked him if he didn’t have my little saw. I need to put the chain back on the new one one more time and see if it will stay. 

I went to see my friend yesterday and sat with him. I did get to talk to him and got a response from him. They have put him on “comfort-care” status. I’m going to miss him; but will see him on The Other Side one of these days when it is my turn to step through the vail. None of us get out alive and I’ve told you before that it doesn’t bother me one bit. 

I think I need to use today to put a lesson plan together for my upcoming confirmation class. That is going to begin the first Sunday after Labor Day so it is only a month off. I’ll only have one student and I don’t know how that is going to work. I like to have multiple students so they can play off of one another. BUt it is just going to be me and a 14 year old boy. What do 14 year old boys even talk about —- when they do talk??? I reckon I’ll find out. 

I’m very happy to report that my daughter Lisa is retuning to work. It won’t be easy because she still has her wound vac and her ostomy bag but she’s strong and can handle it. She started doing “telework” yesterday but is going to try “in-person today. I pray it goes well for her. 

That’s it for this rainy Tuesday. Have a great day. Peace be with you. 







No comments:

Post a Comment