Wednesday, September 25, 2024

 Happy Wednesday. We are back from our weekend trip to see cousins. We had really good visiting time and got to catch up with them and their lives. We drove over on Sunday morning to Giant City State park in southern Illinois. I highly recommend you visit the park  if you are close enough and have the time. There is so much to see. It is all park of the Shawnee National Forest and there are so many trail to walk and horse-back riding, picnicking, camping, and other nature things to do. My one nephew goes over there  every year to hunt morels but won’t say exactly where he hunts them. 

We got to the lodge at 1:00 pm, and had a wonderful family style chicken dinner. I was hoping for maybe 25 folks to show up but we only had 16 folks there. But we had a good visit and hope to make this an annual event. Most everyone left around 3:30 pm and Kate and I checked into our cabin that we had rented for the night. However, when we got over to where the cabin was located, I quickly realized there as no way Kate would ever be physically able to get down to the cabin. Well, actually, she might get down to it, but she would never be able to walk back up to the parking area the next morning. So I went back to the desk, explained the situation and they were very accommodating and gave us another cabin just across the parking lot. It was simple but it fit the bill. 

Monday we met with another cousin for lunch and a nice visit and then headed to Sainte Genevieve Missouri where we were supposed to stay for two nights. Unfortunately, Kate was already feeling bad so we stayed just one night and then headed back home yesterday morning. It seems to get harder and harder to plan trips anymore because of Kate’s health. But it is, what it is. I’m just glad when we can do what we can manage. 

I guess I better quit and grab my gloves and weed eater and go take care of some yard work. I hope you have a blessed day. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment