Saturday, September 28, 2024

 Rain, rain, and more rain to come. But I am not complaining one bit. As I look at all of the destruction the  that Hurricane Helene has caused, and over 40 deaths so far —- our rain is merely an inconvenience. I haven’t talked to any of the local farmers so I don’t know how they feel about it. I know a lot of the crops have been brought in but there are a lot still out in the fields too. Nobody will be driving a tractor out there for a few days. I hope none of them had destructive winds that flatten the corn and make it impossible to pick up. We have seen that happen. But our rain this morning isn’t a hard rain, just slow and steady. 

Yesterday I made a pot of veggie soup and Ms. Kate made a pineapple upside down cake. Between us made some darn good fixins. I had cake for breakfast. Not a bad way to start a rainy Saturday morning. I may decide to do some reading today. I have a Stephen King that I have only started on and I have another book that I picked up from the free book table at church. I really could take some of my books and put them on the table. Maybe someone else could use them. That’s one of the problems of retiring from a profession; one collects so many books and then what do you do with them? 

It’s very quiet around the house today. Kate is snoozing in her recliner, the rain is falling gently on the roof and I think I will follow Kate’s example. I hope you have a wonderful day. I would ask that you offer prayers up for all of the millions of people that are trying to recover from this latest storm damage. It isn’t over yet and there are several major dams in danger of breaking that will cause even ore destruction. Lift them up in prayer. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment