Monday, June 17, 2024

 Good morning from Frankfort, KY.  It’s 0700 and I am on vacation; so why am I up??? Well, it’s because I’m sitting here surrounded by love. Ms. Kate and three out of four of my wonderful daughters are sitting here with conversations going 100mph! I’m in love. I’m not sure if Heather is up yet or maybe she is out on a 5K walk. She does that. 

After all of the worry and trouble that we went through getting into the our vacation place, I must say that this place is over the top fantastic. I have never been in a place like this opulent. We are walking ourselves silly getting from one end of the house to the other. It’s become a joke asking where is this person or where is that person. It doesn’t do any good to “holler’ for them because they couldn’t hear you anyway. 

Several of the family spent the afternoon and evening in the pool. It was a perfect day for it and is going to be a perfect day for it again today. I think the kids all have different things on their agenda for this week but I don’t know what they are. I personally don’t plan to do anything except sit here and listen to the the kids come and go and maybe read my new Stephen King novel. We have two of the great grandchildren boys here. One of them turned 14 today and we will have a birthday party for him this evening. 

I had a wonderful time with one of them last evening. The house has a Baby Grand piano in the living room and “Bug” runs his fingers up and down the keyboard  every time he walks through.. Last night he asked me if I would play a song with him and of course I said “yes”. Well, all he knew was the couple of notes from the “Halloween” movie but we tinkered with that for a bit. Then I asked him if he wanted to actually learn a tune and we taught him to play “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” He has a natural talent and his parents need to follow up on that and see if it develops into something. I have offered them one of my pianos. All they have to do is come and get it. 

So that’s it for this vacation Monday. Have a blessed week. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment